- What year did you graduate VHS?
I graduated and completed my HSC in 2007.
- Where are you working now and in what role?
I moved to Brisbane in 2016 to work as the Global Lead Designer for activewear giant Lorna Jane at their head office. My latest roles include working as a Senior graphic designer & Calligrapher for Brisbane based lifestyle & beauty magazine Style as well as a Graphic Designer and Brand Management Specialist at a web design company, Webics in Nowra.
- What do you love about your job?
I love being a Graphic Designer as it has allowed me to work in fast-paced creative businesses. I’ve designed global campaigns, print and digital collateral & yearly diaries for Lorna Jane, monthly magazines for Style Magazines and now logos, website and social designs for Webics.
- Did anyone at VHS inspire you to follow your chosen career path? I did Advanced English in year 10 with Mr. Revesz and his wonderful encouragement is always one I appreciated. I also remember my creative passion being recognised by other teachers and ended up painting the mural in the Science corridor.
- Did you have many challenges to get to where you are now?
I always knew I wanted to have a creative career, but didn’t know which path would lead me there. I only got accepted into the Community and Arts Bachelor at Shoalhaven Campus for UOW right after my HSC and with that I discovered that the Wollongong campus had a Double Major Graphic Design and Creative Arts (Textiles), so I transferred a year later.
- Do you have any advice for our current students?
Attending University after you finish High School will open up so many doors. It allows you to discover what career path you may want to achieve, even if you don’t know at first. UOW is in the top 1% of universities in Australia so it’s great if you have the chance to go! I’ve been to Wollongong, Brisbane and now I’m back here in Jervis Bay but I have so much passion and broad experience in my job field because I applied myself to the career and learning I love.