1. What year did you graduate VHS?
I finished close to the end of Year 10 in 2018.
2. Where are you working now and in what role?
I’m working at Bliss on Burton as a second-year hairdressing apprentice.
3. What do you love about your job?
I love how creative hairdressing is and that it is ever changing, allowing me to continue learning every day. I love making clients feel great about themselves as they walk out the salon doors and feeling as though I have made some sort of positive change to their day.
4. Did anyone at VHS inspire you to follow your chosen career path?
A few teachers at VHS made a positive impact on my schooling and having their support when I decided to start my apprenticeship helped me feel confident in that I was making the right decision.
5. Did you have many challenges to get to where you are now?
6. Do you have any advice for our current students?
Do what makes you happy, don’t allow yourself to feel as though you have to do what everyone around you is doing. Work hard for your goals, the world has so much to offer.