School counselling staff are members of the school learning and support team.
School Counsellor Support for Students during Remote Learning times:
Our School Counsellors/Psychologists are available during remote learning times. If a student would like to access the School Counselling service please call 02 4441 6766 during school hours (Monday-Friday 8.15am to 2.20pm) or via email Vincentiaemail@example.com. The office staff will notify the Counsellor on duty and they will contact you via phone. Our School Counsellors/Psychologists is Mrs Katrina Rees.
In the event of an emergency please call 000.
Other supports include:
· Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 – (www.kidshelpline.com.au)
· Lifeline: 13 11 14
· E-Headspace: 1800 650 890 (https://headspace.org.au/eheadspace)
· NSW Mental Heath Line: 1800 011 511
· Beyond Blue Support Service: 1300 224 636 (www.youthbeyondblue.com)
· Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
· ParentLine NSW: 1300 1300 52
Term 2 2022
A teacher may recommend the service by referring a student to the school’s learning and support team. As a parent or carer, you may refer your child directly to the school counselling service. Students can also self-refer to the service.
The school counselling service can:
- support students who are worrying about school work, friends, getting in trouble at school or feeling down
- help parents and carers make decisions about your child’s education
- assess a student’s learning and behaviour
- help teachers and students identify and address disabilities that may affect learning
- liaise with other agencies regarding student wellbeing.
School counselling is confidential.
For more information about learning and support teams and the school counselling service, visit: